(ICSI) Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection is a specialized form of in vitro fertilization that is primarily used of male factor infertility. ICSI involves the injection of a single sperm into a mature egg. In conventional IVF, the eggs and sperm are mixed together in a dish and the sperm fertilizes the egg ‘naturally’. Large For many couples, the number of suitable sperm available may be very limited or there may be other factors preventing fertilization, so conventional IVF is not an option. ICSI has provided a hope for these couples.
The circumstance in which ICSI is required
- When the sperm count is very low
- When the sperm cannot move properly or are in other ways abnormal
- When sperm has been ejected surgically from the epididymis
- (TESE), from urine or following electro-ejaculation
- When there are high levels of antibodies in the semen.
- When there has been a previous fertilization failure using conventional IVF.
What does ICSI involve?
From a patient perspective, undergoing an ICSI treatment cycle is exactly the same as a conventional IVF cycle. Patients should, however, be aware of the risks associated with ICSI.
- Stimulation of the ovaries to encourage development and maturation of the eggs
- Retrieval of the eggs
- Fertilization of the eggs and culture of the embryos
- Transfer of the embryos back into the uterus.
- These steps are described more fully under IVF.
In vitro in fertilization-(IVF) treatment and its process, a- The whole process begins, when an embryo is being created by in vitro fertilization (IVF) in a specialized laboratory. However, In the IVF case eggs are removed from the ovaries of female and at the same time sperms are collected from the male counterpart. Both egg and sperm are collected to fertilize in the laboratory. And then fertilized egg implants in the woman womb to make her conceive.
‘’As a result’’ when the baby is born their ‘’appearance ‘’ is quite similar to ‘’intended parents’’. The process is being done on an outpatient basis and requires short recovery time. ’It is very true to say that’’: in spite of, very low IVF cost. The process is being done on an outpatient basis and requires short recovery time.
In vitro fertilization treatment truly used in following cases—
- female with both fallopian tubes are blocked
- Female with one fallopian tube blocked and one is open
- Borderline male sperms count
- Unexplained fertility cases
A Couple who have tried and failed the traditional treatment, for instance, fixed time intercourse, follicular monitoring.
IVF and ICSI work immensely wonderful in terms of curing surrogacy and both are equally beneficial depending upon case to the case study. Although it entirely depends upon the concern of patient that he confronts. Both the treatment have high success rate and cure millions of the infertile couple. Due to its high success rate in the elimination of infertility. A large number of people are stepping forward to experience amazing service. ‘’By keeping in mind’’ the success rate of a conception of the woman under age of 35 is around 40 to 50%. IVF and ICSI without any doubt have proved a boon for the childless couple, who have only dream to become parents. Bu IVF has given a fresh hope to enjoy joyous feeling of being parenthood