Surrogacy in India becomes a best option for intended parents of all backgrounds—including single individuals, and unmarried straight couples. India brings itself a favorable destination for Global Surrogacy Arrangements. The reliable medical services, convenience in approach, and favorable legal position has vastly placed to the country as one-stop destination for international surrogacy arrangements.
With the passage of time, India has shown itself as a pioneer in the global surrogacy arrangements, aiding thousands of international couple attaining to their parenthood. While the United States comes as a popular destination for surrogacy owing to its favorable laws for intended parents, in recent years, intended parents from Australia, the United States and some countries has been turning to India in growing numbers because of complete fertility treatment even at the low cost.
At GestationalSurrogacyIndia, we now make you aware with other but important aspects relating to Surrogacy for foreign patients, such as Medical visa, and so on.
Issue of Visa for Surrogacy
Couples from foreign countries seeking visa to India for purposes of surrogacy arrangement must determine earlier whether their country’ law permits surrogacy and will give appropriate travel document (such as a Passport) to the child to going with the surrogate parents back to their country. Entering into surrogacy arrangement under any other visa not sought for surrogacy is punishable under the Indian law.
Conditions to Visa for surrogacy
- The Foreign man and woman are duly married and the marriage should have continued at least for two years. So, a copy of the marriage certificate must be given with the visa application form.
A letter from the Embassy of the applicant’s country in India should be enclosed with the Visa application stating clearly that (a) the country accepts to the surrogacy and (b) the child/children to be born to the commissioning couple through the Indian surrogate mother will be allowed entry into their country as a biological child/children of the couple commissioning surrogacy.
- The couple will give an undertaking that they would look after the child/children born through surrogacy.
- The treatment should be executed only at one of the registered Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) clinics acknowledged by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- The couple should generate a properly notarized agreement between the applicant couple and the potential Indian surrogate mother.
- Before leaving to India to go their country, Exit permission from FRRO would be required.
GestationalSurrogacyIndia is helpful for intended parents of all backgrounds from other countries have the surrogacy lawfully, within the legal aspects of surrogacy.